Mickie Wong-Lo is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Education at Biola, previously at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL. Wong-Lo, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, completed her doctoral studies in special education at the University of North Texas. Prior to entering the field of higher education, she worked as a behavioral training coordinator and consultant for private and public education/mental health facilities in Texas. She is a member of the Board of Directors for the Council for Exceptional Children and currently serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Preventing School Failure, Journal of Gang Research, and Multiple Voices for Ethnically Diverse Exceptional Learners. As an advocate for safe schools and mental health, her research focus surrounds issues on cyber bullying, gang crime analysis, violence in schools as well as behavioral and function-based interventions.
- National Gang Crime Research Center
- International Bullying Prevention Association
- Social Emotional Behavioral Difficulties Association
- American Educational Research Association
- Asian American Psychological Association
- The National Scholars Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- International Association of Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Social Services and Children with Disabilities.” Chapter in Encyclopedia of Human Services and Diversity, Wong-lo, Mickie. Sage 2014.
- “Impact of Functional Behavioral Assessment on Services for Children and Youth with Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties.” Chapter in The Routledge International Companion to Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties, Bullock, L., Gable, R., Wong-lo, M., Routledge, 2012.
- “Peer Relations and Socialization of Children and Adolescents with Special Needs and Adolescents with Disabilities.” Chapter in Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning, Bullock, L., Gable, R., Wong-Lo, M., Elsevier, 2011.
- “Peer Relations and Socialization of Children and Adolescents with Special Needs and Adolescents with Disabilities.” Chapter in International Encyclopedia of Education, Bullock, L., Gable, R., Wong-Lo, M., Oxford, 2010.
- National Gang Crime Research Center Training Conference, Chicago. Presented on “Special Educators and the Life Between Bells.” 2016.
- National Gang Crime Research Center Training Conference, Chicago. Presented on “Cyberbullying: Examining the Transformation of Bullying on Digital Aggression.” 2015.
- Illinois Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders, Lisle. Presented on “Assisting Educators in Developing a Culturally Attuned Functional Behavioral Assessment.” 2015.
- Division of International Special Education & Services, Braga. Presented on “Cyberbullying: Inclusive Practices to Address Digital Aggression.” 2014
- Illinois Association of School Social Workers, Lisle. Presented on “Assisting Students from Diverse Backgrounds with Challenging Behaviors: Incorporating a Culturally Attuned Functional Behavioral Assessment in Pre-Referral Services.” 2014.
- Cyberbullying: Behavior Analysis in Digital Culture, Peer Relationships in Social Media
- Juvenile Delinquency: Gang Crime Analysis, Violence in Schools
- Mental Health: Trauma, Resiliency in victimization
- Disproportionality: Over- and Underrepresentation
- Behavior Analysis: Behavioral Assessment and Function-Based Intervention