Certificate of Clearance
Under state law, applicants must obtain a Certificate of Clearance to be admitted to the Teacher Preparation Program. This process involves a fingerprint scan and background check by the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Follow these instructions to complete the clearance process:
- Print out three "Request for Live Scan Service" forms.
- Take the completed forms to a Live Scan location
, where your fingerprints will be scanned and submitted to the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation. The total cost is typically about $70, depending upon the location.
- From the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) Online Services page
- Click on "Apply for a New Document" and follow instructions to create a CTC Online Educator Profile and submit an online application for your Certificate of Clearance.
- Print out a copy of your payment confirmation.
- Submit a copy of each: "Request for Live Scan Service" form and Certificate of Clearance payment confirmation to the Graduate Admissions Office.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Melinda Soto at (562) 944-0351, ext. 5679, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.