The School of Education's Teacher Preparation Program enables you to quickly and conveniently earn a preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential to teach in elementary school or a preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential to teach in junior high or high school. You are also able to earn a fully-online Special Education Credential and a Clear Credential (you may also want to consider Biola's Speech-Language Pathology Master of Science degree
Benefits of Biola's Teacher Preparation Program include:
- All programs are dually accredited so that you receive credentials from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and the Association of Christian Schools International.
- All the graduate courses are offered during convenient hours for working professionals (e.g., evenings, weekends, summer sessions).
- We have a fully doctored, full-time faculty made up of outstanding professionals, passionate believers and excellent K-12 classroom teachers.
- Faculty and staff care about your personal, professional and spiritual life. Professors are available for personal mentoring.
- If you are already employed as a full-time teacher in a private, WASC-accredited school, there is the possibility of completing half of your student teaching under contract and then receiving a public summer school student teaching assignment so that you may continue at your place of employment.
- The program will prepare you to teach second-language learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Biblical integration across the curriculum.
Student Teaching Handbook
Click here to view the Student Teaching Handbook (best viewed in Acrobat Reader).